A day after a grand jury decided not to indict a New York City police officer in connection with the death of Eric Garner, protests calling for justice in his name — alongside that of Michael Brown, Tamir Rice, John Crawford, Tanisha Anderson and others — have been scheduled in cities around this country beginning on Thursday.
We’ve listed some of them below, per information from the Ferguson National Response Network. While the #ICantBreathe tag was used extensively for Wednesday night’s protests in New York City, organizers are using the tags #ThisStopsToday and #JusticeForEricGarner for this weekend’s actions. If you know of any in your area, you are encouraged to list it in the comments.
All Times Local
- Detroit: Campus Maritius Park, 800 Woodward Ave., 12:03 p.m.
- Durham: Duke University Chapel Lawn, 401 Chapel Dr., 1:45 p.m.
- Washington, D.C.: Justice Department building, 950 Pennsylvania, Ave. NW, 4 p.m.
- Houston: Houston Police Department, 1200 Travis St., 4:30 p.m.
- Note: A separate action in Houston is scheduled for 7 p.m. at Sarah D. Roosevelt Park, on Houston between Forsyth and Christie.
- Baltimore: McKeldin Square, intersection of Light St. and Pratt, 5 p.m.
- Atlanta: Downtown Underground, 50 Upper Alabama St., 5:30 p.m.
- Indianapolis: 1 Monument Circle, 5:30 p.m.
- New York City: Foley Square, 111 Worth St., 5:30 p.m.
- Boston: Boston Common, Park St. entrance, across from the Lowes movie theatre, 7 p.m.
- Dallas: Dallas Police Department, 1400 S. Lamar St., 7:30 p.m.
The full listing can be found at the Ferguson National Response Network website.