By Arturo R. García
Even though both of our roving recappers were sidelined last night, they wanted to at least get the discussion going on schedule. So we’re opening this up for everyone to share their thoughts on the return of Olivia and company, and Kendra and Joseph will join in over the course of the week to come.
Spoilers in the comments and under the cut.
Now, thanks to our dynamic duo and their roundtable, I’ve learned to speak Scandal–at least a little bit, via osmosis. So a few notes and questions from my own viewing of the episode:
- What did “Soul Man” have to do with any of this mess? I almost had a C. Thomas Howell flashback.
- That scene on the lawn had to be the worst representation of a TV news cameraperson I’ve ever seen on television. Most of the ones I’ve met would’ve gone Terry Tate on Cuddy’s hubby there.
- In the battle of Cy vs. Olivia, it seems Fitz came out the winner.
- Aside from that “You ruined me” nonsense on the phone, of course. That did not get a good reaction on Twitter.
- Sooo, Huck and Quinn (or as @OneChele memorably put it, #HuckleberryQuinn). A riff on “bad boy/good girl” ‘shippings?
- Speaking of Quinn, not looking good for her next week, based on that final scene.
- So am I right in guessing that the hidden camera Ballard set up goes back to Fitz’s private viewing room? (Which, eww.)