By Arturo R. García
Even though both of our roving recappers were sidelined last night, they wanted to at least get the discussion going on schedule. So we’re opening this up for everyone to share their thoughts on the return of Olivia and company, and Kendra and Joseph will join in over the course of the week to come.
Spoilers in the comments and under the cut.
Now, thanks to our dynamic duo and their roundtable, I’ve learned to speak Scandal–at least a little bit, via osmosis. So a few notes and questions from my own viewing of the episode:
- What did “Soul Man” have to do with any of this mess? I almost had a C. Thomas Howell flashback.
- That scene on the lawn had to be the worst representation of a TV news cameraperson I’ve ever seen on television. Most of the ones I’ve met would’ve gone Terry Tate on Cuddy’s hubby there.
- In the battle of Cy vs. Olivia, it seems Fitz came out the winner.
- Aside from that “You ruined me” nonsense on the phone, of course. That did not get a good reaction on Twitter.
- Sooo, Huck and Quinn (or as @OneChele memorably put it, #HuckleberryQuinn). A riff on “bad boy/good girl” ‘shippings?
- Speaking of Quinn, not looking good for her next week, based on that final scene.
- So am I right in guessing that the hidden camera Ballard set up goes back to Fitz’s private viewing room? (Which, eww.)
About This BlogRacialicious is a blog about the intersection of race and pop culture. Check out our daily updates on the latest celebrity gaffes, our no-holds-barred critique of questionable media representations, and of course, the inevitable
Keanu ReevesJohn Cho newsflashes.
Latoya Peterson (DC) is the Owner and Editor (not the Founder!) of Racialicious, Arturo García (San Diego) is the Managing Editor, Andrea Plaid (NYC) is the Associate Editor. You can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The founders of Racialicious are Carmen Sognonvi and Jen Chau. They are no longer with the blog. Carmen now runs Urban Martial Arts with her husband and blogs about local business. Jen can still be found at Swirl or on her personal blog. Please do not send them emails here, they are no longer affiliated with this blog.
Comments on this blog are moderated. Please read our comment moderation policy.
Use the "for:racialicious" tag in del.icio.us to send us tips. See here for detailed instructions.
Interested in writing for us? Check out our submissions guidelines.
Follow Us on Twitter!
- aboynamedart on Open Thread: Scandal S03 E09: ‘YOLO’
- Tonya on Race + The Netherlands: Exile
- nicthommi on Race + The Netherlands: Exile
- Derek Vandivere on Race + The Netherlands: Exile
- Delevan on Video: President Obama’s Speech At Nelson Mandela Memorial
- The Racialicious Links Roundup 12.12.13: Nelson Mandela, New York’s Poor, Black Republicans and more
- Race + The Netherlands: Exile
- Please Stop: The Trans Joke at the Spike Video Game Awards
- Video: President Obama’s Speech At Nelson Mandela Memorial
- What names are normal? Shifting the center of the world
- Will Black Woman-Directed Docs Make it to the Oscars?
- Quoted: A South African Muslim Woman’s Memories of Mandela
- Rumour Mill: Casting for the Man of Steel sequel and CW’s The Flash pilot
TagsABC activism advertising african-american asian asian-american barack obama black celebrities comedy diversity fashion feminism film gender glbt HBO hip hop hispanic history hollywood identity interracial relationships Kerry Washington latino media mixed race movies music muslim politics race racial stereotypes racism religion Scandal sex sexism sexual stereotypes stereotypes True Blood tv Uncategorized white youtube