Our friends at the East Coast Asian American Student Union contacted us with a heads-up: tomorrow is the deadline for regular student registration to their 2013 event, scheduled for Feb. 22-24 at Columbia University.
Among the guest speakers for this year’s conference:
- Norman Mineta, former U.S. Secretary of Transportation and Secretary of Commerce
- MSNBC anchor Richard Lui
- generationFIVE Program Director Mia Mingus, a physically disabled queer and transnational adoptee activist (seen above speaking at the Queer & Asian conference in Berkeley last year)
- Gregory Cendana, the youngest and first openly gay executive director of the Asian Pacific American Labor Alliance
This year’s workshops will include excerpts from the upcoming documentary Uploaded, the death of Private Danny Chen, the microaggressions phenomenon, and ways Asian-American and Pacific Islander families can support LGBTQ children, among other topics. (A full listing can be seen here.)
The deadline for late registration is February 14. For more information, visit the conference website or the ECAASU Facebook page.
About This BlogRacialicious is a blog about the intersection of race and pop culture. Check out our daily updates on the latest celebrity gaffes, our no-holds-barred critique of questionable media representations, and of course, the inevitable
Keanu ReevesJohn Cho newsflashes.
Latoya Peterson (DC) is the Owner and Editor (not the Founder!) of Racialicious, Arturo García (San Diego) is the Managing Editor, Andrea Plaid (NYC) is the Associate Editor. You can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The founders of Racialicious are Carmen Sognonvi and Jen Chau. They are no longer with the blog. Carmen now runs Urban Martial Arts with her husband and blogs about local business. Jen can still be found at Swirl or on her personal blog. Please do not send them emails here, they are no longer affiliated with this blog.
Comments on this blog are moderated. Please read our comment moderation policy.
Use the "for:racialicious" tag in del.icio.us to send us tips. See here for detailed instructions.
Interested in writing for us? Check out our submissions guidelines.
Follow Us on Twitter!
- Friday Foolishness: Selena Gomez Is Wearing A Bindi?
- The Rise Of Beyoncé, The Fall Of Lauryn Hill: A Tale Of Two Icons
- Retrolicious–Mad Men 6.7: “Man With A Plan”
- Open Thread: The Great Gatsby
- Scandal Recap 2.22: “White Hats Back On”
- Quoted: Lucy Liu On Racial Image And Romantic Comedies
- The Perennial Plate Visits India And Sri Lanka On Its World Tour
- The Racialicious Links Roundup 5.16.13
TagsABC activism advertising african-american asian asian-american barack obama black blackface celebrities comedy culture diversity fashion feminism film gender glbt HBO hip hop hispanic history hollywood identity international interracial relationships latino media mixed race movies music muslim politics race racial stereotypes racism religion sex sexism sexual stereotypes stereotypes tv Uncategorized white youtube