The public-media premiere for Jarreth Merz’s An African Election is finally here! So, what’s happening tonight?
As you may know, we’re really hyped about the people WGBH, Boston’s public TV station–in collaboration with Racialicious and the National Black Programming Consortium‘s (NBPC) AfroPoP.TV–scheduled to appear in-studio and on Skype to have a roundtable discussion about the documentary and the issues regarding voting and democracy in both Ghana and the US:
That kicks off at 8PM EDT on PBS’ WORLD channel. We encourage you, Racializens, be a part of the Twitter discussion that’ll take place at the beginning of the panel. You just might have your pithy question or comment read on the air.
Then, at 8:30PM, the film rolls, and so does the live-tweeting! Please feel free to join the R (@racialicious) and (NBPC (@BLKPublicMedia) and our guest tweeters:
- Jen Wang (Disgrasian–@disgrasian)
- Tami Winfrey Harris (the R’s Senior Editor–@whattamisaid)
- Scot Nakagawa (ChangeLab/RaceFiles–@nakagawascot)
- Kenyon Farrow (Feminist Wire, AlterNet–@kenyonfarrow, @Praxis_Project)
- Regina Bradley (Racialicious, The New Black Magazine–@redclayscholar)
The hashtags for tonight are #AfricanElection and #AfroPoPTV.
See you in eight hours!