By Arturo R. García
We’ll have our annual two-part San Diego Comic-Con preview starting on Monday, but we want to get the word out early about this special event:
That’s right, the R, in association with Racebending, Hyphen Magazine, Blacklava, and the AMP Music Festival, are proud to present The Slants as they hold a two-night stand at The Stage Bar in downtown San Diego, just four blocks away from all the SDCC hilarity. Both shows are free, but you have to be 21 or over to attend. Here’s the line-up for each show:
- On Saturday July 14, the show kicks off at 7:30 p.m. with the band joined by local group Misc. Ailments and DJ Miss Dust
- Sunday July 15, it’s the after-party party starting at 9 p.m. as the band returns, this time alongside not only DJ Miss Dust, but San Diego electro-popsters 321 Stereo and Oakland’s Johnny Hi-Fi.
Again, there’s no cover for either show, so if you’re in the area, stop on by and say hi. Hope to see you there!
About This BlogRacialicious is a blog about the intersection of race and pop culture. Check out our daily updates on the latest celebrity gaffes, our no-holds-barred critique of questionable media representations, and of course, the inevitable
Keanu ReevesJohn Cho newsflashes.
Latoya Peterson (DC) is the Owner and Editor (not the Founder!) of Racialicious, Arturo García (San Diego) is the Managing Editor, Andrea Plaid (NYC) is the Associate Editor. You can email us at email@example.com.
The founders of Racialicious are Carmen Sognonvi and Jen Chau. They are no longer with the blog. Carmen now runs Urban Martial Arts with her husband and blogs about local business. Jen can still be found at Swirl or on her personal blog. Please do not send them emails here, they are no longer affiliated with this blog.
Comments on this blog are moderated. Please read our comment moderation policy.
Use the "for:racialicious" tag in del.icio.us to send us tips. See here for detailed instructions.
Interested in writing for us? Check out our submissions guidelines.
Follow Us on Twitter!
- Race + The Netherlands: Exile
- Please Stop: The Trans Joke at the Spike Video Game Awards
- Video: President Obama’s Speech At Nelson Mandela Memorial
- What names are normal? Shifting the center of the world
- Will Black Woman-Directed Docs Make it to the Oscars?
- Quoted: A South African Muslim Woman’s Memories of Mandela
- Rumour Mill: Casting for the Man of Steel sequel and CW’s The Flash pilot
- Open Thread: Scandal S03 E09: ‘YOLO’
TagsABC activism advertising african-american asian asian-american barack obama black celebrities comedy diversity fashion feminism film gender glbt HBO hip hop hispanic history hollywood identity interracial relationships Kerry Washington latino media mixed race movies music muslim politics race racial stereotypes racism religion Scandal sex sexism sexual stereotypes stereotypes True Blood tv Uncategorized white youtube