Still playing around with things. This week’s experiments:
- Used Vector Magic to smooth out the logo, since it was annoying all the graphic designers who read the blog.
- Partnered with Care2 on their widget, which will provide us with revenue. After learning from Clarion West, we realized we needed to fix infrastructure on the site before attempting direct ad sales again. This widget is a nice test to see how that works – one, it’s a social issue focused widget. We essentially are paid from you all taking action on different petitions and items, and I think you will be asked to sign up to other people’s mailing lists. (This is all voluntary.) Eventually, you will see that Care2 widget at the bottom of each post – at the moment, it’s only in the sidebar. We’re also hunting for a good ad network, let us know if you’ve seen any sites where you like their ads/layout.
- We are prepping for September rollouts of various things. So I’m going to be playing around a lot in the sidebar doing promotional stuff. Be forewarned.
- Added most of our contributor books to the sidebar, as well as the book club landing page.
Things we are still working on:
- Accessibility check – Holler if you’re having problems with sizing arrangement now that we’ve changed the margins.
- Apple users – All my mobile devices are Android. So if you are using an iPad or iPhone let me know if things start looking weird. I’ve got a plug-in that’s supposed to auto-format these things, but you know how it goes.
After this is done, we will continue working on:
- The podcast. Still.
- Site survey. Still.
- Bringing back the newsletter. Oy.
- Business updates. Renina and I had a chat on twitter about making the process more transparent for digital entrepreneurs, so I’ll see if that’s a good fit here and will talk about it.
- Email – I finally got Boomerang for Gmail, so I am running through the inbox now. Hoping to start August with Racialicious Inbox Zero.
Thanks for standing by, leave your comments/suggestions/complaints in the box below.