- But it's a good idea to compare overcrowding in schools to "one of those developing countries in which half the population is under the age of eighteen?" Not the move, New Yorker.–AJP
"Holocaust metaphors are rarely a good idea. The head of a public-school system using one that involves picking one child for the Nazis to send to the gas chambers—which was Sophie’s choice in the novel—is really not a good idea."
- ::Hears Carmen Sognonvi's squee way over here::–AJP "'The Matrix' star said the third film will likely build on the previous story lines.
"'When we last got together, part of it was that Bill and Ted were supposed to have written the song that saved the world, and it hasn't happened,' Reeves told MTV. 'So they've now become kind of possessed by trying to do that. Then there's an element of time and they have to go back.'"
- "The phones haven’t stopped ringing at Mama Foundation for the Arts since an emotionally gripping two-part “60 Minutes” segment on Sunday. The group’s Gospel for Teens program showed how a charity in New York’s Harlem neighborhood isn’t just preserving American gospel music but saving the young singers as well."
- "A pill to enhance moral behaviour; a treatment for racist thoughts; a therapy to increase your empathy for people in other countries – these may sound like the stuff of science fiction but, with medicine moving closer to altering our moral state, society should be preparing for the consequences, according to a book reviewing scientific developments in the field."
- "As a result, America’s future will include a far more diverse young population, and a largely white older generation. The contrast raises important policy questions. Will the older generation pay for educating a younger generation that looks less like itself? And while the young population is a potential engine of growth for the economy, will it be a burden if it does not have access to adequate education?"
- "IT has been said that in America, a minority group has not truly arrived until it has been marketed to. That was true for African-Americans, gay men and lesbians and, most recently, consumers who speak Spanish."
- "The revelations come on top of the recent OPI probe into a racist and pornographic email scandal that rocked the force. Eight officers were sacked and at least another 13 were demoted or fined over the scandal.
"Three officers were involved in circulating video footage of an Indian man being electrocuted and suggesting it could be a way to fix Melbourne's Indian student problem.