by Latoya Peterson
Whew. That was a horrific process.
Thanks to the readers for hanging in there, to Philip for fixing stuff on vacation, and to Arturo and Andrea for holding down the fort while I went and cried over coding.
- Excerpt length returns to a manual setting, so you can read the full first two or three paragraphs of a post
- Sidebars have returned as normal
- Updated logo
- Changed commenting system to Disqus – no more site crashing, slow load time, or crashing Dreamhost
Changes still in progress:
- Header a little blurry – need to properly resize
- Pages have disappeared from the front page, need to add them back
- Changed to an updated version of the old theme – this should fix the visual accessibility issues, and brings us back to the one column scroll down format most folks are accustomed to.
- Ad doesn’t fit new headerspace, need to resize and realign
- No clean break between header and sidebars
- Adding colors back into header/sidebar text
These tweaks will be made
About This BlogRacialicious is a blog about the intersection of race and pop culture. Check out our daily updates on the latest celebrity gaffes, our no-holds-barred critique of questionable media representations, and of course, the inevitable
Keanu ReevesJohn Cho newsflashes.
Latoya Peterson (DC) is the Owner and Editor (not the Founder!) of Racialicious, Arturo García (San Diego) is the Managing Editor, Andrea Plaid (NYC) is the Associate Editor. You can email us at email@example.com.
The founders of Racialicious are Carmen Sognonvi and Jen Chau. They are no longer with the blog. Carmen now runs Urban Martial Arts with her husband and blogs about local business. Jen can still be found at Swirl or on her personal blog. Please do not send them emails here, they are no longer affiliated with this blog.
Comments on this blog are moderated. Please read our comment moderation policy.
Use the "for:racialicious" tag in del.icio.us to send us tips. See here for detailed instructions.
Interested in writing for us? Check out our submissions guidelines.
Follow Us on Twitter!
- Friday Foolishness: Selena Gomez Is Wearing A Bindi?
- The Rise Of Beyoncé, The Fall Of Lauryn Hill: A Tale Of Two Icons
- Retrolicious–Mad Men 6.7: “Man With A Plan”
- Open Thread: The Great Gatsby
- Scandal Recap 2.22: “White Hats Back On”
- Quoted: Lucy Liu On Racial Image And Romantic Comedies
- The Perennial Plate Visits India And Sri Lanka On Its World Tour
- The Racialicious Links Roundup 5.16.13
TagsABC activism advertising african-american asian asian-american barack obama black blackface celebrities comedy culture diversity fashion feminism film gender glbt HBO hip hop hispanic history hollywood identity international interracial relationships latino media mixed race movies music muslim politics race racial stereotypes racism religion sex sexism sexual stereotypes stereotypes tv Uncategorized white youtube