by Latoya Peterson
Whew. That was a horrific process.
Thanks to the readers for hanging in there, to Philip for fixing stuff on vacation, and to Arturo and Andrea for holding down the fort while I went and cried over coding.
- Excerpt length returns to a manual setting, so you can read the full first two or three paragraphs of a post
- Sidebars have returned as normal
- Updated logo
- Changed commenting system to Disqus – no more site crashing, slow load time, or crashing Dreamhost
Changes still in progress:
- Header a little blurry – need to properly resize
- Pages have disappeared from the front page, need to add them back
- Changed to an updated version of the old theme – this should fix the visual accessibility issues, and brings us back to the one column scroll down format most folks are accustomed to.
- Ad doesn’t fit new headerspace, need to resize and realign
- No clean break between header and sidebars
- Adding colors back into header/sidebar text
These tweaks will be made
About This BlogRacialicious is a blog about the intersection of race and pop culture. Check out our daily updates on the latest celebrity gaffes, our no-holds-barred critique of questionable media representations, and of course, the inevitable
Keanu ReevesJohn Cho newsflashes.
Latoya Peterson (DC) is the Owner and Editor (not the Founder!) of Racialicious, Arturo García (San Diego) is the Managing Editor, Andrea Plaid (NYC) is the Associate Editor. You can email us at email@example.com.
The founders of Racialicious are Carmen Sognonvi and Jen Chau. They are no longer with the blog. Carmen now runs Urban Martial Arts with her husband and blogs about local business. Jen can still be found at Swirl or on her personal blog. Please do not send them emails here, they are no longer affiliated with this blog.
Comments on this blog are moderated. Please read our comment moderation policy.
Use the "for:racialicious" tag in del.icio.us to send us tips. See here for detailed instructions.
Interested in writing for us? Check out our submissions guidelines.
Follow Us on Twitter!
- jen* on Open Thread: Scandal S03 E09: ‘YOLO’
- EinSC on Rumour Mill: Casting for the Man of Steel sequel and CW’s The Flash pilot
- NickN on Rumour Mill: Casting for the Man of Steel sequel and CW’s The Flash pilot
- Tonya on Open Thread: Scandal S03 E09: ‘YOLO’
- aboynamedart on Open Thread: Scandal S03 E09: ‘YOLO’
- What names are normal? Shifting the center of the world
- Will Black Woman-Directed Docs Make it to the Oscars?
- Quoted: A South African Muslim Woman’s Memories of Mandela
- Rumour Mill: Casting for the Man of Steel sequel and CW’s The Flash pilot
- Open Thread: Scandal S03 E09: ‘YOLO’
- The Walking Dead Roundtable: 4.8 “Too Far Gone”
- Voices: Nelson Mandela (1918-2013)
- The Racialicious Links Roundup 12.5.13: Black Twitter, Black Academics, Iran, Chicago and Elan Gale
TagsABC activism advertising african-american asian asian-american barack obama black celebrities comedy diversity fashion feminism film gender glbt HBO hip hop hispanic history hollywood identity interracial relationships Kerry Washington latino media mixed race movies music muslim politics race racial stereotypes racism religion Scandal sex sexism sexual stereotypes stereotypes True Blood tv Uncategorized white youtube