By Arturo R. García
Nominations are now being taken for the 4th annual Mixed Roots Film & Literary Festival, scheduled to be held June 11 & 12 in Los Angeles.
In a release, festival organizers say they want to have this year’s award presentation to focus on nominees taken from the public, dealing with interracial/intercultural relationships, transracial/transcultural adoptions, and anyone who identifies as having biracial, multiracial, Hapa or Mixed identity. Categories include:
- Best film or book depicting an interracial/intercultural relationship
- Best film or book starring a person with a Mixed background
- Best reveal of a person who is “passing”
- Most historically accurate representation of the Mixed experience
- Best commercial representing the Mixed experience
- Best film or book representing the Mixed experience
- Proudest Mixed moment of 2010
- Your suggestions
Nominations may be submitted at the festival’s website thru Feb. 14, with voting to be held from Feb. 21 to March 7.