- "Yeah. I went to all white school where I dealt with racism. There was a point–when I was a kid–where I said I wanted to be like Luke Skywalker, with blond hair and blue eyes. My mom right there told me to never be ashamed of who I am."
- "I think that neither men nor women in the Black community have more responsibility than the other to eradicate harmful gender roles. Balance is necessary for healthy relationships. When Black men presume male privilege as their “rightful” place in our relationships and Black women support this male privilege as a result of seeing themselves as the lesser gender, this situates both men and women culpably affecting substantive change. When we begin to see ourselves as necessary components of a complete circle then there is no need for one person to dominate another. It is domination within our relationships that has us imbalanced."
- "This question is important, given that some TV channels and newspapers are in the process of brazenly inciting mob anger against me. In the race for sensationalism the line between reporting news and manufacturing news is becoming blurred. So what if a few people have to be sacrificed at the altar of TRP ratings? The Government has indicated that it does not intend to go ahead with the charges of sedition against me and the other speakers at a recent seminar on Azadi for Kashmir. So the task of punishing me for my views seems to have been taken on by right wing storm troopers. The Bajrang Dal and the RSS have openly announced that they are going to 'fix' me with all the means at their disposal including filing cases against me all over the country. "
- "Since they began arriving in the city in large numbers in the 1940s, Puerto Ricans have made their mark in many realms, including business, culture and politics. Some of those political leaders — including Representative José E. Serrano, who has represented the South Bronx for two decades, and Fernando Ferrer, the former Bronx borough president — strongly disputed the study’s conclusions that Puerto Ricans are any worse off than other Latinos.
“'When it comes to Puerto Ricans, there are so many studies that always try to paint the glass as half-empty,' Mr. Serrano said, though he acknowledged that the group faced unusual challenges. 'Puerto Ricans are American citizens who are treated by a lot of people as if they are not American citizens.'
"Others said the new report would come as no surprise to anyone who had tracked statistics over the years."
- "A high school where some students played the Internet game "Beat the Jew" will receive a new tolerance curriculum, officials said.
"The annoucement comes five months after officials a La Quinta High School in Riverside County disciplined students for playing the game.
"The game, which gathered participants via Facebook, is a complicated contest of tag, in which 'Jews' are taken, blindfolded, by car to a place off campus and have to make their way back to base while pursued by 'Nazis.
"Organizers had put up a Facebook page announcing the game that was 'friended' by some 40 students, of which seven participated."