by Latoya Peterson
When we last left Bon Temps, fine ass Eggs had just been shot in the head by Jason, signaling an end to Mechad Brooks’ abs and their frequent cameos on the show. Can we have a moment of silence for that, please?
Oh yeah, and Bill got kidnapped after proposing to Sookie.
Other random thoughts.
“Conscious off, dick on!” Poor Jason Stackhouse, he can’t ever start his life over. The first time, he found a v-addict and was sad when she met her untimely end. Then he joined a church that was an evil front group. And now he tries to swear off sex, but needs to keep up his horndog ways to keep his cover.
“I’m gonna take this Tequila over’chere…” I missed you Lafayette. And I can’t wait to see the new love interest in action. (Though that dream sequence with Bill and Sam MUST have been a bone thrown to the slash crew – can Bon Temps handle anymore sexual tension?)
“Why is everything about race with them?” Oh Arlene, you charming fool…
Also, can someone please save Tara? She’s careening from suicidal into a new sex-torture situation, which cannot be good. Especially if the always thorough Lafayette is going to be busy with a new man friend.
About This BlogRacialicious is a blog about the intersection of race and pop culture. Check out our daily updates on the latest celebrity gaffes, our no-holds-barred critique of questionable media representations, and of course, the inevitable
Keanu ReevesJohn Cho newsflashes.
Latoya Peterson (DC) is the Owner and Editor (not the Founder!) of Racialicious, Arturo García (San Diego) is the Managing Editor, Andrea Plaid (NYC) is the Associate Editor. You can email us at email@example.com.
The founders of Racialicious are Carmen Sognonvi and Jen Chau. They are no longer with the blog. Carmen now runs Urban Martial Arts with her husband and blogs about local business. Jen can still be found at Swirl or on her personal blog. Please do not send them emails here, they are no longer affiliated with this blog.
Comments on this blog are moderated. Please read our comment moderation policy.
Use the "for:racialicious" tag in del.icio.us to send us tips. See here for detailed instructions.
Interested in writing for us? Check out our submissions guidelines.
Follow Us on Twitter!
- Kat on Open Thread: The Great Gatsby
- Yakki45 on The Rise Of Beyoncé, The Fall Of Lauryn Hill: A Tale Of Two Icons
- Ike on Quoted: Lucy Liu On Racial Image And Romantic Comedies
- nicthommi on The Rise Of Beyoncé, The Fall Of Lauryn Hill: A Tale Of Two Icons
- Dara Crawley on The Rise Of Beyoncé, The Fall Of Lauryn Hill: A Tale Of Two Icons
- Friday Foolishness: Selena Gomez Is Wearing A Bindi?
- The Rise Of Beyoncé, The Fall Of Lauryn Hill: A Tale Of Two Icons
- Retrolicious–Mad Men 6.7: “Man With A Plan”
- Open Thread: The Great Gatsby
- Scandal Recap 2.22: “White Hats Back On”
- Quoted: Lucy Liu On Racial Image And Romantic Comedies
- The Perennial Plate Visits India And Sri Lanka On Its World Tour
- The Racialicious Links Roundup 5.16.13
TagsABC activism advertising african-american asian asian-american barack obama black blackface celebrities comedy culture diversity fashion feminism film gender glbt HBO hip hop hispanic history hollywood identity international interracial relationships latino media mixed race movies music muslim politics race racial stereotypes racism religion sex sexism sexual stereotypes stereotypes tv Uncategorized white youtube