- "For the most part, I previously thought about internet racism as being fueled by anonymity. Take a look at the comments sections of news sites.
"But then came the popularity of social media sites like myspace and Facebook and twitter. Which blows my 'anonymity' theory right out of the water. There’s been a lot of racist tweeting going on, from politicians to has-been celebrities to sportswriters. Facebook is a known site for college racists."
- "Alleged bank robber Conrad Zdzierak is said to have used a $650 mask called “The Player” to fool security cameras. Check out a video of the mask here."
- "When activists petition to remove Native American mascots from the logos of sports teams, the answer of traditionalists often boils down to: What’s the harm?
"Newly published research provides an unexpected answer. It suggests exposure to one stereotype — however whimsical or benign in its intent — apparently activates others."
- "Their lawyers claimed the attack was not racially motivated, but during sentencing in the Northern Territory Supreme Court, Chief Justice Brian Martin said it was difficult to avoid the conclusion that the attack was "influenced by the fact the deceased was an Aboriginal person."
- "Mr. Tale-Yax, 31, was pronounced dead by medical workers who responded to a 911 call around 7:20 a.m. on April 18. The police confirmed the authenticity of surveillance video on The New York Post’s Web site that shows dozens of people walking by Mr. Tale-Yax, who was homeless, lying on the sidewalk at 144th Street and 88th Road in Jamaica. After more than an hour, the video shows one man shake Mr. Tale-Yax before turning him over to reveal the wounds. "
- "In a nearby neighborhood, Ron White, 52, said he felt a sense of relief that something was finally being done about “the illegals” — whom he blames for ills like congregating on the streets, breaking into homes in his neighborhood, draining tax dollars and taking jobs from Americans.
“I sure hope it does have an effect,” Mr. White said of the new law as he packed his car with groceries. “I wouldn’t want to show proof of citizenship, but I also don’t feel it is racial profiling. You are going to look different if you are an alien, and cops know.”