- Lewis: "See, we can make anything look racist."
Jones: "But you make it look sooooo easy."
- "'You have black folks calling in on the Republican line, independents. And you have so many of 'em I can't believe this is just an accident. If you keep on with the way you've been programming, you should change your name from C-Span to black-span,' he said. 'I know they have an opinion but I wish that they would be honest and call in on the right line.'"
- "In Los Angeles, immigrant advocates also denounced the memo as a betrayal of promises made by the Obama administration that enforcement actions would focus on criminals and exploitative employers. Instead, they said, the majority of those being picked up are immigrants with families, jobs and no criminal backgrounds.
"The administration 's choosing to deport hard-working people and destroying their families,' said Angelica Salas, executive director of the Coalition for Humane Immigrant Rights of Los Angeles."
- "'I really feel disgusted when I see something like that,' said Gabriel Dufault, president of the Franco-Métis Association in Manitoba. "It's obviously the work of one with a troubled mind.
"'It's racist in nature and I don't see any humour in this at all.'
"Riel was a former MP and leader of the Métis people, and is considered the founder of the province of Manitoba."
- "Based on responses to questions, the researchers determined that 51 percent of the patients stigmatized mental illness. These patients were 22 percent less likely to be taking depression medication, 21 percent less likely to be able to control their depression, and 44 percent more likely to have missed scheduled mental health appointments compared to other patients.
"'Unfortunately, mental health stigma turns out to be one of the most serious barriers for people receiving care or staying in care,' lead author William Vega, a professor of medicine and social work at the University of Southern California, said in a news release."
- "Three weeks ago, the pop world almost suffocated itself in anticipation of Lady Gaga's music video for "Telephone," and almost buried itself in frenzied reaction and analysis when the epic, highly referential clip debuted late on March 11. But even as debate swirled around Gaga's video, I found myself yearning more for a collaboration between OutKast's Big Boi and the protean, astonishing Janelle Monae on their song "Tightrope," a clip that finally debuted today. Monae and Gaga couldn't be more stylistically different. But in Monae, Gaga has more than worthy competition as both women revitalize music videos as a form and turn their release into major events."