"Today on his 700 Club television show, Christian broadcaster Pat Robertson highlighted the tragedy and said that his network will be there “to help the people.” However, he then tried to offer an explanation for the earthquake, blaming Haiti’s own people for once making a 'pact to the devil.'"
"Headlines blare whenever a young person is killed in Chicago – especially if it’s at the hands of another youth. Community activists, educators and politicians alike are wrestling with how to stop these murders and some are calling it a crisis. But that kind of hyperbole may be misplaced. The youth violence the city is experiencing today is not as extreme as past decades."
"Often we find animal rights organizations engaged in campaigns against the use (often presented as misuse) of animals by indigenous peoples, people of color, and other colonized and formerly colonized peoples. This is not a fact unique to just animal rights activists, but can be found in the campaigns engaged in by Leftists of various stripes, one need only look at the post-9/11 war fetishism of many first world feminists or the hegemonic views of people of color as “more” homophobic than other groups (evidenced in the blaming of the Black community for the passing of Proposition 8 in California)."
About This BlogRacialicious is a blog about the intersection of race and pop culture. Check out our daily updates on the latest celebrity gaffes, our no-holds-barred critique of questionable media representations, and of course, the inevitable
Keanu ReevesJohn Cho newsflashes.
Latoya Peterson (DC) is the Owner and Editor (not the Founder!) of Racialicious, Arturo García (San Diego) is the Managing Editor, Andrea Plaid (NYC) is the Associate Editor. You can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The founders of Racialicious are Carmen Sognonvi and Jen Chau. They are no longer with the blog. Carmen now runs Urban Martial Arts with her husband and blogs about local business. Jen can still be found at Swirl or on her personal blog. Please do not send them emails here, they are no longer affiliated with this blog.
Comments on this blog are moderated. Please read our comment moderation policy.
Use the "for:racialicious" tag in del.icio.us to send us tips. See here for detailed instructions.
Interested in writing for us? Check out our submissions guidelines.
Follow Us on Twitter!
- aboynamedart on Open Thread: Scandal S03 E09: ‘YOLO’
- Tonya on Race + The Netherlands: Exile
- nicthommi on Race + The Netherlands: Exile
- Derek Vandivere on Race + The Netherlands: Exile
- Delevan on Video: President Obama’s Speech At Nelson Mandela Memorial
- Open Thread: Scandal S03E10: ‘A Door Marked Exit’
- Open Thread: Beyocalypsé Now
- The Racialicious Links Roundup 12.12.13: Nelson Mandela, New York’s Poor, Black Republicans and more
- Race + The Netherlands: Exile
- Please Stop: The Trans Joke at the Spike Video Game Awards
- Video: President Obama’s Speech At Nelson Mandela Memorial
- What names are normal? Shifting the center of the world
- Will Black Woman-Directed Docs Make it to the Oscars?
TagsABC activism advertising african-american asian asian-american barack obama black celebrities comedy diversity fashion feminism film gender glbt HBO hip hop hispanic history hollywood identity interracial relationships Kerry Washington latino media mixed race movies music muslim politics race racial stereotypes racism religion Scandal sex sexism sexual stereotypes stereotypes True Blood tv Uncategorized white youtube