- The following opening sentence of one report, however, causes me the greatest concern: “Barack Obama’s victory in November sent weapons sales shooting upward.” That report noted a major factor being fear that the new President would outlaw all guns. I would hate to guess what the other factors might be.
- Question nine on the latest Census form asks about race, with one of the answers listed as "Black, African-American or Negro." Some call it offensive and others ay it's outdated.
State Rep. Jane Powdrell-Culbert said the debate just stems from a generational divide.
- "Avatar is, or could be seen as, a parable about the fight of ordinary people against the all-engulfing greed of real estate developers. In Chinese parlance, the Na'vi would be called "nail houses", people who refuse to give up their legally owned properties. They protect their rights and houses – or trees in this case – and stick out like nails amid a field of debris. I'm sure Cameron did not get his inspiration from the plight of Chinese "nails". He was obviously referring to the wars George W Bush launched in the Middle East. But I'm not the only Chinese person who "twisted" this tale to fit our paradigm."
- "Black Iraqis in the southern province of Basra are complaining of discrimination, saying they are not fairly represented in the state. African Iraqis have lived in the country for centuries and now number more than one million. Many of them are descendants of African slaves brought to Iraq. Many Iraqis still refer to them by their ancestral name, abeed – meaning slaves."
- "As I said above, arguing that there is no racism in the Republican Party would be disingenuous. It would be about as disingenuous as condemning Republicans as racist, while leaving the Democrats unscathed. In fact, I’d argue that the Democratic form of racism is more insidious and more vile because it hides behind a veil of altruism. Racist conservatives tend not to make a secret of their views. Occasionally, you even see them express them on signs at political rallies, or express them on their talk radio shows. The left-wing’s racism is secretive. They privately make racist statement, like Reid, or Jackson, then expect everyone to forgive them once they get caught. Or, they’ll make their comments under the banner of “civil rights,” because they can’t possibly be racist when they’re “protecting” a minority! Or, they’ll fall back on their past as “the first Black President” to cover up their dismissive attitudes."
- "I'm blacker than Barack Obama. I shined shoes. I grew up in a five-room apartment. My father had a little laundromat in a black community not far from where we lived," Blagojevich said. "I saw it all growing up."