by Carmen Van Kerckhove
Addicted to Race is our weekly talk show podcast about all things race. Here’s a rundown of what you’ll find in this episode:
Why does Hollywood continue to whitewash movies by casting white actors to play characters that were originally people of color? A popular Australian TV show is being criticized for featuring a blackface skit, but can we apply American attitudes toward race to other countries? Would Derrion Albert’s death be any less of a tragedy if he wasn’t an honors student? Why are people often reluctant to admit the ways in which they experience privilege in addition to oppression? Carmen Van Kerckhove, Tami Winfrey Harris, Thea Lim, and Latoya Peterson discuss.
Addicted to Race is broadcast live every Sunday afternoon at 12 pm Eastern. You can listen live on our BlogTalkRadio page and call in by dialing 347-996-3958.
Right-click here to download an MP3 of Addicted to Race Episode 121
Click here to never miss an episode by subscribing to us in iTunes
click the button below to play it immediately
About This BlogRacialicious is a blog about the intersection of race and pop culture. Check out our daily updates on the latest celebrity gaffes, our no-holds-barred critique of questionable media representations, and of course, the inevitable
Keanu ReevesJohn Cho newsflashes.
Latoya Peterson (DC) is the Owner and Editor (not the Founder!) of Racialicious, Arturo García (San Diego) is the Managing Editor, Andrea Plaid (NYC) is the Associate Editor. You can email us at email@example.com.
The founders of Racialicious are Carmen Sognonvi and Jen Chau. They are no longer with the blog. Carmen now runs Urban Martial Arts with her husband and blogs about local business. Jen can still be found at Swirl or on her personal blog. Please do not send them emails here, they are no longer affiliated with this blog.
Comments on this blog are moderated. Please read our comment moderation policy.
Use the "for:racialicious" tag in del.icio.us to send us tips. See here for detailed instructions.
Interested in writing for us? Check out our submissions guidelines.
Follow Us on Twitter!
- Michelle Sujai on An Open Letter to Tyler Perry
- Bryan on A Few Thoughts On Star Trek: Into Darkness
- Fred Tsui on Scandal Roundtable 2.22: “White Hat’s Back On”
- Kristen Reynolds on Scandal Roundtable 2.22: “White Hat’s Back On”
- anedumacation on The Mindy Project‘s Rishi And The Call For More PoCs In Charge
- Book Review: Storm Warning by E.A. O’Neal
- The Racialicious Links Roundup 5.23.13
- Meanwhile, On TumblR: In Defense Of Beyoncé–Again
- Amitabh Bachchan In The Great Gatsby: Is Desi The New Jewish?
- Scandal Roundtable 2.22: “White Hat’s Back On”
- Race + Higher Ed: Fear Not, Suzy. You’re Still #1!
- Table For Two: Star Trek Into Darkness
- Watch: Fruitvale Station Has A Trailer And An Opening Date
TagsABC activism advertising african-american asian asian-american barack obama black blackface celebrities comedy culture diversity fashion feminism film gender glbt HBO hip hop hispanic history hollywood identity international interracial relationships latino media mixed race movies music muslim politics race racial stereotypes racism religion sex sexism sexual stereotypes stereotypes tv Uncategorized white youtube