Reader Rose Anne sends in this video, which is the Young Turks analyzing the Fox News videos on the financial meltdown. Apparently, it was loaning to minorities that caused the financial meltdown. (Notice the link between minorities and poor, or minorities and non-credit worthy.)
Secretary-Treasurer of theAFL-CIO Richard Trumka talks about unions, race, internalized racism and Obama:
Author Irwin Tang discusses his new book, “Gook: John McCain’s Racism and Why It Matters.” He goes into the history of the term and how it is a term of war. Key quote: “It’s a term you use toward people you are willing to kill.”
Something I missed in all the Tyra frenzy – an interesting interview with the Shannon and Shauna Baker and Irene Bedard, working Native American actresses who spoke openly about being an underrepresented minority and passing as Latina in order to work.
And finally, an interesting video on The Girl Effect – breaking the cycle of poverty by educating women:
About This BlogRacialicious is a blog about the intersection of race and pop culture. Check out our daily updates on the latest celebrity gaffes, our no-holds-barred critique of questionable media representations, and of course, the inevitable
Keanu ReevesJohn Cho newsflashes.
Latoya Peterson (DC) is the Owner and Editor (not the Founder!) of Racialicious, Arturo García (San Diego) is the Managing Editor, Andrea Plaid (NYC) is the Associate Editor. You can email us at email@example.com.
The founders of Racialicious are Carmen Sognonvi and Jen Chau. They are no longer with the blog. Carmen now runs Urban Martial Arts with her husband and blogs about local business. Jen can still be found at Swirl or on her personal blog. Please do not send them emails here, they are no longer affiliated with this blog.
Comments on this blog are moderated. Please read our comment moderation policy.
Use the "for:racialicious" tag in del.icio.us to send us tips. See here for detailed instructions.
Interested in writing for us? Check out our submissions guidelines.
Follow Us on Twitter!
- aboynamedart on Undo Process: The Racialicious Review For Doctor Who: The Day Of The Doctor
- croquet on The Walking Dead Recap: 4.8 “Too Far Gone”
- croquet on Comedian Aamer Rahman Explains “Reverse Racism”
- gogobooty on Open Thread: Scandal S03 E08: ‘Vermont is for Lovers, Too’
- jen* on The Scandal Mid-Season Finale Prediction Thread
- On Disability and Cartographies of Difference
- A Muslimah’s Guide to Rocking the World
- Quoted: Dr. David Leonard Pens Open Letter to Marissa Alexander
- The Acclaimed Web Series Black Folks Don’t Returns for a Third Season
- Comedian Aamer Rahman Explains “Reverse Racism”
- The Walking Dead Recap: 4.8 “Too Far Gone”
- The Walking Dead Roundtable 4.7 – “Dead Weight”
- The Scandal Mid-Season Finale Prediction Thread
TagsABC activism advertising african-american asian asian-american barack obama black celebrities comedy diversity fashion feminism film gender glbt HBO hip hop hispanic history hollywood identity interracial relationships Kerry Washington latino media mixed race movies music muslim politics race racial stereotypes racism religion Scandal sex sexism sexual stereotypes stereotypes True Blood tv Uncategorized white youtube