"We have heard a lot about McCain's failure to capture the overall women's vote by selecting Sarah Palin as his running mate. We have even heard that this move has been mildly effective among "white" women. What we have not heard about, however, is the impact Palin is going to have on the so-called "Latino vote," half of which is women."
"I've thrown ballot parties for years now. Not only does this result in a fun excuse for a party, but it's also an ideal way to make sure everyone knows what the hell they're voting for. Even if you and your friends don't agree, at least an informed decision is being made. This also results in network effects. Your vote might not shape an election, but if you get 30 of your friends to vote one way through information and they get 30 of their friends, … well, that changes the results quite quickly, especially for local elections where decisions are often made based on hundreds or tens of votes."
"While meeting with Black leaders concerning the absence of any African Americans on her staff, Gov. Palin responded that she doesn’t have to hire any Blacks and was not intending to hire any."
About This BlogRacialicious is a blog about the intersection of race and pop culture. Check out our daily updates on the latest celebrity gaffes, our no-holds-barred critique of questionable media representations, and of course, the inevitable
Keanu ReevesJohn Cho newsflashes.
Latoya Peterson (DC) is the Owner and Editor (not the Founder!) of Racialicious, Arturo García (San Diego) is the Managing Editor, Andrea Plaid (NYC) is the Associate Editor. You can email us at email@example.com.
The founders of Racialicious are Carmen Sognonvi and Jen Chau. They are no longer with the blog. Carmen now runs Urban Martial Arts with her husband and blogs about local business. Jen can still be found at Swirl or on her personal blog. Please do not send them emails here, they are no longer affiliated with this blog.
Comments on this blog are moderated. Please read our comment moderation policy.
Use the "for:racialicious" tag in del.icio.us to send us tips. See here for detailed instructions.
Interested in writing for us? Check out our submissions guidelines.
Follow Us on Twitter!
- Jenna England on Open Thread: Kanye West and Yeezus
- ISpeakMyTruth on Tyler Perry Hates Black Women: 5 Thoughts on The Haves and Have Nots
- ISpeakMyTruth on On That Serena Williams/Steubenville Comment
- SuperBrother on Tyler Perry Hates Black Women: 5 Thoughts on The Haves and Have Nots
- Cece Duvall on Tyler Perry Hates Black Women: 5 Thoughts on The Haves and Have Nots
- The Evolution Of Hula: Traditional, Contemporary, And Hotel
- Table For Two: Man Of Steel
- On That Serena Williams/Steubenville Comment
- Barack Obama as our first Asian American President?: Part I
- It’s Time to Recognize All Dads on Father’s Day
- Casting Call: Lucy, the Mutant Human/Angel Hybrid Who Speaks with an Asian Accent (But is not Asian)
- Quoted: The problem with “Devious Maids” goes far beyond Hollywood
- Open Thread: Kanye West and Yeezus
TagsABC activism advertising african-american asian asian-american barack obama black blackface celebrities comedy culture diversity fashion feminism film gender glbt HBO hip hop hispanic history hollywood identity international interracial relationships latino media mixed race movies music muslim politics race racial stereotypes racism religion sex sexism sexual stereotypes stereotypes tv Uncategorized white youtube