by Carmen Van Kerckhove
Warning: This episode contains adult content, explicit language, and frank discussions of sexual acts.
Why aren’t there more people of color giving sex-positive sex advice? How have stereotypes about hyper-sexualized non-white people caused a puritanical backlash to sexuality? How do race and sex collide on the dance floor? Why have sexuality and spirituality been decoupled in American interpretations of Eastern philosophy?
Got feedback for us? Call 917-720-6348 or email email@example.com.
Andrea (AJ) Plaid runs The Cruel Secretary, where she blogs about race, gender, and sex; she’s also a contributor at Michelle Obama Watch. Andrea has been quoted in the Washington Post and Chicago Tribune regarding the decline of the NAACP, African Americans’ protectiveness toward Senator Barack Obama, and the rift between white feminists and feminists of color in defending Michelle Obama against racist and sexist media attacks. She lives in Brooklyn, NY.
Duration – 55:39
File Size – 26.2 MB
Right-click here to download an MP3 of Addicted to Race Episode 93
Click here to never miss an episode by subscribing to us in iTunes
click the button below to play it immediately
About This BlogRacialicious is a blog about the intersection of race and pop culture. Check out our daily updates on the latest celebrity gaffes, our no-holds-barred critique of questionable media representations, and of course, the inevitable
Keanu ReevesJohn Cho newsflashes.
Latoya Peterson (DC) is the Owner and Editor (not the Founder!) of Racialicious, Arturo García (San Diego) is the Managing Editor, Andrea Plaid (NYC) is the Associate Editor. You can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The founders of Racialicious are Carmen Sognonvi and Jen Chau. They are no longer with the blog. Carmen now runs Urban Martial Arts with her husband and blogs about local business. Jen can still be found at Swirl or on her personal blog. Please do not send them emails here, they are no longer affiliated with this blog.
Comments on this blog are moderated. Please read our comment moderation policy.
Use the "for:racialicious" tag in del.icio.us to send us tips. See here for detailed instructions.
Interested in writing for us? Check out our submissions guidelines.
Follow Us on Twitter!
- Kristen Reynolds on Scandal Roundtable 2.22: “White Hat’s Back On”
- anedumacation on The Mindy Project‘s Rishi And The Call For More PoCs In Charge
- Shazza on A Few Thoughts On Star Trek: Into Darkness
- Jeremy Wolsten-Croft on Race + TV: Four Summer Shows From Across The Pond
- MWP on The Business Of Diversity: Why Hollywood Needs Integration
- The Racialicious Links Roundup 5.23.13
- Meanwhile, On TumblR: In Defense Of Beyoncé–Again
- Amitabh Bachchan In The Great Gatsby: Is Desi The New Jewish?
- Scandal Roundtable 2.22: “White Hat’s Back On”
- Race + Higher Ed: Fear Not, Suzy. You’re Still #1!
- Table For Two: Star Trek Into Darkness
- Watch: Fruitvale Station Has A Trailer And An Opening Date
- Short but Sweet: Kim Ho’s The Language Of Love
TagsABC activism advertising african-american asian asian-american barack obama black blackface celebrities comedy culture diversity fashion feminism film gender glbt HBO hip hop hispanic history hollywood identity international interracial relationships latino media mixed race movies music muslim politics race racial stereotypes racism religion sex sexism sexual stereotypes stereotypes tv Uncategorized white youtube