“Season Seven’s young contestants also reflected the new, multi-ethnic face of America: Three of the four finalists – Jason Castro, Syesha Mercado and Archuleta — had at least partly Latino origins[...]“(tags: via)
“If you plan on using a symbol or an artifact someone treasures to show your displeasure, you’d better have a damned good reason for doing it instead of crouching behind your own socially-constructed set of valuations backed by the barrel of a gun.”
“There seems, as is often the case in colleges, to be a huge gulf between academia and reality. No one is thinking about the larger implications, let alone the morality, of admitting so many students to classes they cannot possibly pass.”
“Robin Levi, Human Rights Director at Justice Now , is a bi-racial Jewish woman and attorney who has been working to protect and promote the human rights of women worldwide, especially women of color in the United States.”
“Yet what about the other women in this race? What about the “Stepford wifing” of Cindy McCain or the “angry ungratefulness” of Michelle Obama?”
About This BlogRacialicious is a blog about the intersection of race and pop culture. Check out our daily updates on the latest celebrity gaffes, our no-holds-barred critique of questionable media representations, and of course, the inevitable
Keanu ReevesJohn Cho newsflashes.
Latoya Peterson (DC) is the Owner and Editor (not the Founder!) of Racialicious, Arturo García (San Diego) is the Managing Editor, Andrea Plaid (NYC) is the Associate Editor. You can email us at email@example.com.
The founders of Racialicious are Carmen Sognonvi and Jen Chau. They are no longer with the blog. Carmen now runs Urban Martial Arts with her husband and blogs about local business. Jen can still be found at Swirl or on her personal blog. Please do not send them emails here, they are no longer affiliated with this blog.
Comments on this blog are moderated. Please read our comment moderation policy.
Use the "for:racialicious" tag in del.icio.us to send us tips. See here for detailed instructions.
Interested in writing for us? Check out our submissions guidelines.
Follow Us on Twitter!
- Dyke Central on Queer Web Series Worth Watching
- Someguy on On Wayne Brady’s Rebuking of Bill Maher
- Rachel Kantstopdaphunk on Race + Higher Ed: Fear Not, Suzy. You’re Still #1!
- Shawn0680 on Table For Two: Star Trek Into Darkness
- Fifty Shades Of Erin Gray on A Few Thoughts On Star Trek: Into Darkness
- Scandal Roundtable 2.22: “White Hat’s Back On”
- Race + Higher Ed: Fear Not, Suzy. You’re Still #1!
- Table For Two: Star Trek Into Darkness
- Watch: Fruitvale Station Has A Trailer And An Opening Date
- Short but Sweet: Kim Ho’s The Language Of Love
- Will Best Man Holiday Usher In A New Golden Era Of Black Rom-coms?
- Book Excerpt: “Seeing Things” from Godless Americana
- Race + TV: Four Summer Shows From Across The Pond
TagsABC activism advertising african-american asian asian-american barack obama black blackface celebrities comedy culture diversity fashion feminism film gender glbt HBO hip hop hispanic history hollywood identity international interracial relationships latino media mixed race movies music muslim politics race racial stereotypes racism religion sex sexism sexual stereotypes stereotypes tv Uncategorized white youtube