“The 15 agencies that agreed to be monitored for three years on their minority hiring practices met 24 of the 30 goals they set for themselves in 2007″
“It’s such an obvious question that it seems bizarre few in the media have asked it: Does John McCain, the Republican nominee for president, suffer from post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)?”(tags: politics)
“According to O and crew, some of us have and some of us have not, some of us are givers and some of us receivers, some of us deserve guilt and some of us deserve free stuff.”
“Why does Warren Buffet, the #1 ranked man on Forbes Richest list pay 17% in taxes on his income whereas his receptionist pays about 30% of her income?”
About This BlogRacialicious is a blog about the intersection of race and pop culture. Check out our daily updates on the latest celebrity gaffes, our no-holds-barred critique of questionable media representations, and of course, the inevitable
Keanu ReevesJohn Cho newsflashes.
Latoya Peterson (DC) is the Owner and Editor (not the Founder!) of Racialicious, Arturo García (San Diego) is the Managing Editor, Andrea Plaid (NYC) is the Associate Editor. You can email us at email@example.com.
The founders of Racialicious are Carmen Sognonvi and Jen Chau. They are no longer with the blog. Carmen now runs Urban Martial Arts with her husband and blogs about local business. Jen can still be found at Swirl or on her personal blog. Please do not send them emails here, they are no longer affiliated with this blog.
Comments on this blog are moderated. Please read our comment moderation policy.
Use the "for:racialicious" tag in del.icio.us to send us tips. See here for detailed instructions.
Interested in writing for us? Check out our submissions guidelines.
Follow Us on Twitter!
- Tosufai on Short but Sweet: Kim Ho’s The Language Of Love
- Yakki45 on Short but Sweet: Kim Ho’s The Language Of Love
- Alyssa Bacon-Liu on Quoted: Lucy Liu On Racial Image And Romantic Comedies
- Rhonda Yearwood on A Few Thoughts On Star Trek: Into Darkness
- Maripoya on A Few Thoughts On Star Trek: Into Darkness
- Short but Sweet: Kim Ho’s The Language Of Love
- Will Best Man Holiday Usher In A New Golden Era Of Black Rom-coms?
- Book Excerpt: “Seeing Things” from Godless Americana
- Race + TV: Four Summer Shows From Across The Pond
- A Few Thoughts On Star Trek: Into Darkness
- Quoted: On The Summer Prince, by Alaya Dawn Johnson
- Friday Foolishness: Selena Gomez Is Wearing A Bindi?
- The Rise Of Beyoncé, The Fall Of Lauryn Hill: A Tale Of Two Icons
TagsABC activism advertising african-american asian asian-american barack obama black blackface celebrities comedy culture diversity fashion feminism film gender glbt HBO hip hop hispanic history hollywood identity international interracial relationships latino media mixed race movies music muslim politics race racial stereotypes racism religion sex sexism sexual stereotypes stereotypes tv Uncategorized white youtube