by guest contributor AverageBro, originally published at AverageBro.com
Just when you thought it was safe to go back to watching TV, the fine folks at UPN/WB/WhateverTheHeckIt’sCalledNowadays got the wise idea of giving America’s Favorite CrackHead a sitcom.
Watch it and weep, folks. Here’s the upcoming sitcom Under One Roof, as described by the show’s website.
Flav plays Calvester Hill, an ex-convict that moves in with his wealthy, conservative brother, Winston (Kelly Perine). Calvester subsequently turns the Hill family’s life upside down, parading his old prison cronies through the house; teaching his nephew Winston Jr. (Jesse Reid) to be a gangsta rapper; and butting heads with Winston’s snooty wife, Ashley (Carrie Genzel), seventeen year-old princess Heather (Marie Michael), and housekeeper Su Ho (Emily Kuroda).
Calvester? Alrighty then.
And of course, the Fresh Prince Of Bel Air-ish Trailer…
Considering the fact that the Geico Cavemen had a show, I guess this one isn’t too much of a stretch, but still…
I’m sure Cosby is just giddy about this one.
Question: Could this show possibly eclipse HomeBoys In OuterSpace as the Worst Show Evar? Just how many years does this set the black race back? How many weeks do you give the show before it’s mercifully canned and syndicated on BET?
About This BlogRacialicious is a blog about the intersection of race and pop culture. Check out our daily updates on the latest celebrity gaffes, our no-holds-barred critique of questionable media representations, and of course, the inevitable
Keanu ReevesJohn Cho newsflashes.
Latoya Peterson (DC) is the Owner and Editor (not the Founder!) of Racialicious, Arturo García (San Diego) is the Managing Editor, Andrea Plaid (NYC) is the Associate Editor. You can email us at email@example.com.
The founders of Racialicious are Carmen Sognonvi and Jen Chau. They are no longer with the blog. Carmen now runs Urban Martial Arts with her husband and blogs about local business. Jen can still be found at Swirl or on her personal blog. Please do not send them emails here, they are no longer affiliated with this blog.
Comments on this blog are moderated. Please read our comment moderation policy.
Use the "for:racialicious" tag in del.icio.us to send us tips. See here for detailed instructions.
Interested in writing for us? Check out our submissions guidelines.
Follow Us on Twitter!
- nicthommi on The Rise Of Beyoncé, The Fall Of Lauryn Hill: A Tale Of Two Icons
- Dara Crawley on The Rise Of Beyoncé, The Fall Of Lauryn Hill: A Tale Of Two Icons
- Alex Wright on Scandal Recap 2.22: “White Hats Back On”
- happyappa on Quoted: Lucy Liu On Racial Image And Romantic Comedies
- ahimsa on Scandal Recap 2.22: “White Hats Back On”
- Friday Foolishness: Selena Gomez Is Wearing A Bindi?
- The Rise Of Beyoncé, The Fall Of Lauryn Hill: A Tale Of Two Icons
- Retrolicious–Mad Men 6.7: “Man With A Plan”
- Open Thread: The Great Gatsby
- Scandal Recap 2.22: “White Hats Back On”
- Quoted: Lucy Liu On Racial Image And Romantic Comedies
- The Perennial Plate Visits India And Sri Lanka On Its World Tour
- The Racialicious Links Roundup 5.16.13
TagsABC activism advertising african-american asian asian-american barack obama black blackface celebrities comedy culture diversity fashion feminism film gender glbt HBO hip hop hispanic history hollywood identity international interracial relationships latino media mixed race movies music muslim politics race racial stereotypes racism religion sex sexism sexual stereotypes stereotypes tv Uncategorized white youtube