“The arrest of an activist who spread information about politically touchy topics is cited as an example of a “cleansing campaign.””
“The Turkish government’s decision this week to lift a ban on women wearing head scarves in universities raised a troubling question: Is Islam starting to erode Turkey’s secular democracy?”
“The CW has green-lighted an untitled fashion-magazine reality series from Tyra Banks and Ken Mok, the duo behind the network’s No. 1 show, “America’s Next Top Model.”"
“Fiorana, an apparel maker from Fort Worth, Texas, announcing the launch of its first women’s “Latina Cut” line of jeans. According to the company’s founde… “The Latina body is different in waist and hip structure.”
“According to a survey conducted from 2004 to 2006, more than one-third of U.S. mainstream green groups and one-fifth of eco-related government agencies have no nonwhite staff members.”
“Saying that Obama transcends race reaffirms the notion that blackness is a liability, a condition that has to be overcome before one can succeed. “
“Edwards’ base is working class whites, a group among which Clinton has done very well and Obama has done very poorly.”
“Australia will issue its first formal apology to the country’s indigenous people next month, a senior minister said Wednesday, a milestone that could ease tensions with a minority…”
“The Fair Pay Restoration Act, one of Senator Kennedy’s bills, would undo the injustice of the Ledbetter decision by establishing that the 180-day deadline runs from when a worker receives the unequal pay, not when the employer decided to discriminate.”
About This BlogRacialicious is a blog about the intersection of race and pop culture. Check out our daily updates on the latest celebrity gaffes, our no-holds-barred critique of questionable media representations, and of course, the inevitable
Keanu ReevesJohn Cho newsflashes.
Latoya Peterson (DC) is the Owner and Editor (not the Founder!) of Racialicious, Arturo García (San Diego) is the Managing Editor, Andrea Plaid (NYC) is the Associate Editor. You can email us at email@example.com.
The founders of Racialicious are Carmen Sognonvi and Jen Chau. They are no longer with the blog. Carmen now runs Urban Martial Arts with her husband and blogs about local business. Jen can still be found at Swirl or on her personal blog. Please do not send them emails here, they are no longer affiliated with this blog.
Comments on this blog are moderated. Please read our comment moderation policy.
Use the "for:racialicious" tag in del.icio.us to send us tips. See here for detailed instructions.
Interested in writing for us? Check out our submissions guidelines.
Follow Us on Twitter!
- jen* on Open Thread: Scandal S03 E09: ‘YOLO’
- EinSC on Rumour Mill: Casting for the Man of Steel sequel and CW’s The Flash pilot
- NickN on Rumour Mill: Casting for the Man of Steel sequel and CW’s The Flash pilot
- Tonya on Open Thread: Scandal S03 E09: ‘YOLO’
- aboynamedart on Open Thread: Scandal S03 E09: ‘YOLO’
- What names are normal? Shifting the center of the world
- Will Black Woman-Directed Docs Make it to the Oscars?
- Quoted: A South African Muslim Woman’s Memories of Mandela
- Rumour Mill: Casting for the Man of Steel sequel and CW’s The Flash pilot
- Open Thread: Scandal S03 E09: ‘YOLO’
- The Walking Dead Roundtable: 4.8 “Too Far Gone”
- Voices: Nelson Mandela (1918-2013)
- The Racialicious Links Roundup 12.5.13: Black Twitter, Black Academics, Iran, Chicago and Elan Gale
TagsABC activism advertising african-american asian asian-american barack obama black celebrities comedy diversity fashion feminism film gender glbt HBO hip hop hispanic history hollywood identity interracial relationships Kerry Washington latino media mixed race movies music muslim politics race racial stereotypes racism religion Scandal sex sexism sexual stereotypes stereotypes True Blood tv Uncategorized white youtube