“The native of Waipahu, Hawaii, who is of Hawaiian and Chinese ancestry, will start at quarterback for the Hamilton Tiger-Cats in today’s Labour Day clash with the Toronto Argonauts at Ivor Wynne Stadium, becoming the first person of Asian heritage to beg
“And what is up with Kanye singing that he wants a “blonde dyke”? Blonde dyke could refer to many things, but most obviously… it’s a slang term for the word lesbian.”
“So why is it that with Hurricane Katrina, it seems like the only major news outlet to feature the story of the two-year anniversary of this disaster is CNN? Why do we still debate whether or not to re-build New Orleans?”
“La Perla de San Juan Puerto Rico is a shanty town/slum/neighborhood with squatter roots made famous infamous by the arguable racist anthropological study La Vida by Oscar Lewis. As a child I was never allowed to go inside la Perla…”
“Prosser and 34 supporters were executed in Richmond on Aug. 30, 1800…In an informal pardon, Gov. Timothy M. Kaine said Prosser was motivated by “his devotion to the ideals of the American Revolution — it was worth risking death to secure liberty.”
“Federal agents spied on the widow of the Rev. Martin Luther King Jr. for several years after his assassination in 1968, according to newly released documents that reveal the FBI worried about her following in the footsteps of the slain civil rights icon.
Oh great. “Carton’s track record demonstrates his misogyny and prejudice: He “outed” politicians thought to be gay, started a game called Operation Rat a Rat/La Cucha Gotcha to turn in undocumented immigrants”
About This BlogRacialicious is a blog about the intersection of race and pop culture. Check out our daily updates on the latest celebrity gaffes, our no-holds-barred critique of questionable media representations, and of course, the inevitable
Keanu ReevesJohn Cho newsflashes.
Latoya Peterson (DC) is the Owner and Editor (not the Founder!) of Racialicious, Arturo García (San Diego) is the Managing Editor, Andrea Plaid (NYC) is the Associate Editor. You can email us at email@example.com.
The founders of Racialicious are Carmen Sognonvi and Jen Chau. They are no longer with the blog. Carmen now runs Urban Martial Arts with her husband and blogs about local business. Jen can still be found at Swirl or on her personal blog. Please do not send them emails here, they are no longer affiliated with this blog.
Comments on this blog are moderated. Please read our comment moderation policy.
Use the "for:racialicious" tag in del.icio.us to send us tips. See here for detailed instructions.
Interested in writing for us? Check out our submissions guidelines.
Follow Us on Twitter!
- lynn1066 on The Walking Dead Roundtable: 4.8 “Too Far Gone”
- bridgetarlene on The Walking Dead Roundtable: 4.8 “Too Far Gone”
- etoiledamore on The Walking Dead Roundtable: 4.8 “Too Far Gone”
- literatebrit on The Racialicious Links Roundup 12.5.13: Black Twitter, Black Academics, Iran, Chicago and Elan Gale
- Matt Pizzuti on The Walking Dead Roundtable: 4.8 “Too Far Gone”
- The Walking Dead Roundtable: 4.8 “Too Far Gone”
- Voices: Nelson Mandela (1918-2013)
- The Racialicious Links Roundup 12.5.13: Black Twitter, Black Academics, Iran, Chicago and Elan Gale
- On Disability and Cartographies of Difference
- A Muslimah’s Guide to Rocking the World
- Quoted: Dr. David Leonard Pens Open Letter to Marissa Alexander
- The Acclaimed Web Series Black Folks Don’t Returns for a Third Season
- Comedian Aamer Rahman Explains “Reverse Racism”
TagsABC activism advertising african-american asian asian-american barack obama black celebrities comedy diversity fashion feminism film gender glbt HBO hip hop hispanic history hollywood identity interracial relationships Kerry Washington latino media mixed race movies music muslim politics race racial stereotypes racism religion Scandal sex sexism sexual stereotypes stereotypes True Blood tv Uncategorized white youtube