“now that Avandia is dogged by safety questions…some black advertising executives wonder if Glaxo’s advertising strategy could end up working against the company.”
Thx Tereza. “Democratic presidential hopeful Barack Obama said Tuesday that the Bush administration has done nothing to defuse a “quiet riot” among blacks that threatens to erupt just as riots in Los Angeles did 15 years ago.”
h/t Angry Asian Man. Interesting article about people who lived in Flushing before it became heavily Asian, and are now taking Mandarin classes to adapt to the changing demographics.
“It occurs to me that there’s a close relationship between the behavior of the privileged when accused of unethical behavior and when accused of racism. Deny. State that you are not that sort of person. Attack other people for their behavior.”
h/t Resist Racism. Immigration and Customs Enforcement agents agents arrest Korean college student at University of California Santa Barbara when she couldn’t produce papers. Mind you, this was at FIVE IN THE MORNING.
Thx Robert. “Doraville merchants generate $1.7 million of the city’s $12.2 million in revenues through business occupancy taxes, and city officials say most of that comes from businesses catering to Asians and Hispanics.”
About This BlogRacialicious is a blog about the intersection of race and pop culture. Check out our daily updates on the latest celebrity gaffes, our no-holds-barred critique of questionable media representations, and of course, the inevitable
Keanu ReevesJohn Cho newsflashes.
Latoya Peterson (DC) is the Owner and Editor (not the Founder!) of Racialicious, Arturo García (San Diego) is the Managing Editor, Andrea Plaid (NYC) is the Associate Editor. You can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The founders of Racialicious are Carmen Sognonvi and Jen Chau. They are no longer with the blog. Carmen now runs Urban Martial Arts with her husband and blogs about local business. Jen can still be found at Swirl or on her personal blog. Please do not send them emails here, they are no longer affiliated with this blog.
Comments on this blog are moderated. Please read our comment moderation policy.
Use the "for:racialicious" tag in del.icio.us to send us tips. See here for detailed instructions.
Interested in writing for us? Check out our submissions guidelines.
Follow Us on Twitter!
- aboynamedart on Open Thread: Scandal S03 E09: ‘YOLO’
- Tonya on Race + The Netherlands: Exile
- nicthommi on Race + The Netherlands: Exile
- Derek Vandivere on Race + The Netherlands: Exile
- Delevan on Video: President Obama’s Speech At Nelson Mandela Memorial
- Open Thread: Scandal S03E10: ‘A Door Marked Exit’
- Open Thread: Beyocalypsé Now
- The Racialicious Links Roundup 12.12.13: Nelson Mandela, New York’s Poor, Black Republicans and more
- Race + The Netherlands: Exile
- Please Stop: The Trans Joke at the Spike Video Game Awards
- Video: President Obama’s Speech At Nelson Mandela Memorial
- What names are normal? Shifting the center of the world
- Will Black Woman-Directed Docs Make it to the Oscars?
TagsABC activism advertising african-american asian asian-american barack obama black celebrities comedy diversity fashion feminism film gender glbt HBO hip hop hispanic history hollywood identity interracial relationships Kerry Washington latino media mixed race movies music muslim politics race racial stereotypes racism religion Scandal sex sexism sexual stereotypes stereotypes True Blood tv Uncategorized white youtube