Thx Liam. “The women’s likelihood of being infected with HIV/Aids was related to the length of time they had been doing sex work: the longer a woman had been selling sex in Majengo, the less likely she was to be infected.”
Thx ampha. Gary Sheffield “said Latin players have replaced African-Americans as baseball’s most prevalent minority because they are easier to control… ‘[It's about] being able to tell [Latin players] what to do — being able to control them,” he told t
Thx Tereza. “Holsinger’s nomination to be “America’s doctor” is troubling. He has a long history of prejudice toward gays and lesbians.”
Thx Liam. “Like his predecessors, World Bank President Paul D. Wolfowitz was anointed by a dedazo from the U.S. president, even though the bank is not part of the U.S. government and even though 84 percent of the bank’s shares are owned by 185 other natio
Thx Liam. “O’Reilly’s point isn’t an economic or security one; it’s based entirely on race and ethnicity. He seems to suggest that immigration would be perfectly acceptable to him, if immigrants helped him maintain the “white, Christian, male po
Thx Liam. “Off the campaign trail, on Capitol Hill, tune your ears to the new frequency. It’s no longer just the cafeteria staff chattering in Spanish…You see pink, sweating gringo faces in reception rooms off the Senate floor suddenly burst into stacca
Thx Liam. “Bill Maxwell kept a promise to himself, to become a professor at a small historically black college, to nurture needy students the way that mentors had encouraged him as a young man. It was tougher than he had anticipated.”
Part 2 of Bill Maxwell’s depressing look at Stillman College. Thx Liam.
Part 3 of Maxwell’s series on Stillman College.
Thx Rob. “a class of farmers and shepherds, pressed their demand to be officially shunted to the lowest rung of India’s hereditary caste system so they can get government jobs and university spots reserved for such groups.”
About This BlogRacialicious is a blog about the intersection of race and pop culture. Check out our daily updates on the latest celebrity gaffes, our no-holds-barred critique of questionable media representations, and of course, the inevitable
Keanu ReevesJohn Cho newsflashes.
Latoya Peterson (DC) is the Owner and Editor (not the Founder!) of Racialicious, Arturo García (San Diego) is the Managing Editor, Andrea Plaid (NYC) is the Associate Editor. You can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The founders of Racialicious are Carmen Sognonvi and Jen Chau. They are no longer with the blog. Carmen now runs Urban Martial Arts with her husband and blogs about local business. Jen can still be found at Swirl or on her personal blog. Please do not send them emails here, they are no longer affiliated with this blog.
Comments on this blog are moderated. Please read our comment moderation policy.
Use the "for:racialicious" tag in del.icio.us to send us tips. See here for detailed instructions.
Interested in writing for us? Check out our submissions guidelines.
Follow Us on Twitter!
- SuperBrother on Tyler Perry Hates Black Women: 5 Thoughts on The Haves and Have Nots
- Cece Duvall on Tyler Perry Hates Black Women: 5 Thoughts on The Haves and Have Nots
- Col on Casting Call: Lucy, the Mutant Human/Angel Hybrid Who Speaks with an Asian Accent (But is not Asian)
- ModernWizard on Casting Call: Lucy, the Mutant Human/Angel Hybrid Who Speaks with an Asian Accent (But is not Asian)
- Lisa on Open Thread: Kanye West and Yeezus
- The Evolution Of Hula: Traditional, Contemporary, And Hotel
- Table For Two: Man Of Steel
- On That Serena Williams/Steubenville Comment
- Barack Obama as our first Asian American President?: Part I
- It’s Time to Recognize All Dads on Father’s Day
- Casting Call: Lucy, the Mutant Human/Angel Hybrid Who Speaks with an Asian Accent (But is not Asian)
- Quoted: The problem with “Devious Maids” goes far beyond Hollywood
- Open Thread: Kanye West and Yeezus
TagsABC activism advertising african-american asian asian-american barack obama black blackface celebrities comedy culture diversity fashion feminism film gender glbt HBO hip hop hispanic history hollywood identity international interracial relationships latino media mixed race movies music muslim politics race racial stereotypes racism religion sex sexism sexual stereotypes stereotypes tv Uncategorized white youtube