by Carmen Van Kerckhove
Another one??? According to the New York Post, Angelina is about to adopt yet another child, this time from Chad. And this is just weeks after her latest adoption from Vietnam. I guess this is part of her “balancing out the races” philosophy:
“Angelina and Brad want to make sure Zahara doesn’t feel alienated as the only black face in their family,” a source told London’s News of the World. Jolie herself recently said, “Should you balance the races, so there’s another African person in the house for Zahara, after another Asian person in the house for Mad? We think so.”
Jolie reportedly has already picked out a 1-year-old girl from Oure Cassoni in Chad and has her lawyers working on the adoption paperwork. “She is hoping to have her daughter home by the summer,” a source told the British paper.
I guess she really will need that hands-free multiple child carrier (from Gallery of the Absurd, hat tip to Nina!):
About This BlogRacialicious is a blog about the intersection of race and pop culture. Check out our daily updates on the latest celebrity gaffes, our no-holds-barred critique of questionable media representations, and of course, the inevitable
Keanu ReevesJohn Cho newsflashes.
Latoya Peterson (DC) is the Owner and Editor (not the Founder!) of Racialicious, Arturo García (San Diego) is the Managing Editor, Andrea Plaid (NYC) is the Associate Editor. You can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The founders of Racialicious are Carmen Sognonvi and Jen Chau. They are no longer with the blog. Carmen now runs Urban Martial Arts with her husband and blogs about local business. Jen can still be found at Swirl or on her personal blog. Please do not send them emails here, they are no longer affiliated with this blog.
Comments on this blog are moderated. Please read our comment moderation policy.
Use the "for:racialicious" tag in del.icio.us to send us tips. See here for detailed instructions.
Interested in writing for us? Check out our submissions guidelines.
Follow Us on Twitter!
- Meg on A Few Thoughts On Star Trek: Into Darkness
- Miles_Ellison on On Wayne Brady’s Rebuking of Bill Maher
- racialicious on The Rise Of Beyoncé, The Fall Of Lauryn Hill: A Tale Of Two Icons
- Lo11 on The Rise Of Beyoncé, The Fall Of Lauryn Hill: A Tale Of Two Icons
- Kianna on Race + TV: Four Summer Shows From Across The Pond
- Short but Sweet: Kim Ho’s The Language Of Love
- Will Best Man Holiday usher in a new golden era of black rom coms?
- Book Excerpt: “Seeing Things” from Godless Americana
- Race + TV: Four Summer Shows From Across The Pond
- A Few Thoughts On Star Trek: Into Darkness
- Quoted: On The Summer Prince, by Alaya Dawn Johnson
- Friday Foolishness: Selena Gomez Is Wearing A Bindi?
- The Rise Of Beyoncé, The Fall Of Lauryn Hill: A Tale Of Two Icons
TagsABC activism advertising african-american asian asian-american barack obama black blackface celebrities comedy culture diversity fashion feminism film gender glbt HBO hip hop hispanic history hollywood identity international interracial relationships latino media mixed race movies music muslim politics race racial stereotypes racism religion sex sexism sexual stereotypes stereotypes tv Uncategorized white youtube