Thx Wendi! “the University of Central Florida released a study Thursday revealing that only 8.4 percent of major leaguers last season were of African-American descent.”
Thx Wendi! “The nation’s No. 1 Latin record store chain has removed Jennifer Lopez’s music from each of its 50 stores after claiming she refused to visit their outlet, or any other store servicing Spanish music only”
Thx Wendi! “The Pocahontas story is symbolic of many aspects of American history, and that’s why I think it’s been retold through so many generations in so many different ways. It’s a romantic story about the way things might have been.”
Mmmmmmmm…. Hat tip to Angry Asian Man.(tags: eyecandy)
Hat tip to AAM! Asian-American artist who satirized the racist Abercrombie and Fitch t-shirts has his work vandalized. Someone wrote “Mathew is a loser,” “Get a life Mathew Tom,” and “Matt Thom [sic] is Gay.”
Yay!!! “Shaquanda Cotton, the 15-year-old African American youth who was sent to prison for seven years for shoving a school employee, was released from juvenile prison in Texas yesterday. The young woman had already served a full year”
Thx Latoya! “A crusade against pedophiles has made Cacho…one of Mexico’s most celebrated and imperiled journalists. She is a target in a country where at least 17 journalists have been killed in the past five years and that trailed only Iraq in media de
About This BlogRacialicious is a blog about the intersection of race and pop culture. Check out our daily updates on the latest celebrity gaffes, our no-holds-barred critique of questionable media representations, and of course, the inevitable
Keanu ReevesJohn Cho newsflashes.
Latoya Peterson (DC) is the Owner and Editor (not the Founder!) of Racialicious, Arturo García (San Diego) is the Managing Editor, Andrea Plaid (NYC) is the Associate Editor. You can email us at email@example.com.
The founders of Racialicious are Carmen Sognonvi and Jen Chau. They are no longer with the blog. Carmen now runs Urban Martial Arts with her husband and blogs about local business. Jen can still be found at Swirl or on her personal blog. Please do not send them emails here, they are no longer affiliated with this blog.
Comments on this blog are moderated. Please read our comment moderation policy.
Use the "for:racialicious" tag in del.icio.us to send us tips. See here for detailed instructions.
Interested in writing for us? Check out our submissions guidelines.
Follow Us on Twitter!
- croquet on Voices: Nelson Mandela (1918-2013)
- Shazza on The Racialicious Links Roundup 12.5.13: Black Twitter, Black Academics, Iran, Chicago and Elan Gale
- nicthommi on Comedian Aamer Rahman Explains “Reverse Racism”
- the_miekster on Race + The Netherlands: Resistance, Lost in Translation
- moniyer on Race + The Netherlands: Resistance, Lost in Translation
- The Walking Dead Roundtable: 4.8 “Too Far Gone”
- Voices: Nelson Mandela (1918-2013)
- The Racialicious Links Roundup 12.5.13: Black Twitter, Black Academics, Iran, Chicago and Elan Gale
- On Disability and Cartographies of Difference
- A Muslimah’s Guide to Rocking the World
- Quoted: Dr. David Leonard Pens Open Letter to Marissa Alexander
- The Acclaimed Web Series Black Folks Don’t Returns for a Third Season
- Comedian Aamer Rahman Explains “Reverse Racism”
TagsABC activism advertising african-american asian asian-american barack obama black celebrities comedy diversity fashion feminism film gender glbt HBO hip hop hispanic history hollywood identity interracial relationships Kerry Washington latino media mixed race movies music muslim politics race racial stereotypes racism religion Scandal sex sexism sexual stereotypes stereotypes True Blood tv Uncategorized white youtube