“With Michigan’s new ban on affirmative action going into effect, and similar ballot initiatives looming in other states, many public universities are scrambling to find race-blind ways to attract more blacks and Hispanics.”
“White House hopeful Tom Tancredo said Thursday the existence of the Congressional Black Caucus and other race-based groups of lawmakers amounts to segregation and should be abolished.”
Hat tip to Sylvia! “I do have to say that the United States has come a long way when ethnic whites and black Americans can come together in their bigotry and express with so much gusto the diversity of prejudice we harbor in this country.”
Hat tip to AAM. “Three football players at Guilford College…face assault and ethnic intimidation charges after an attack on three Palestinian students…attackers who called them “terrorists” and used racial slurs”
“I think that these kids should have to spend a year volunteering for various community organizations in inner-city neighborhoods. I’d like to see them on the front lines, confronting what inequality looks like up and close and personal”
About This BlogRacialicious is a blog about the intersection of race and pop culture. Check out our daily updates on the latest celebrity gaffes, our no-holds-barred critique of questionable media representations, and of course, the inevitable
Keanu ReevesJohn Cho newsflashes.
Latoya Peterson (DC) is the Owner and Editor (not the Founder!) of Racialicious, Arturo García (San Diego) is the Managing Editor, Andrea Plaid (NYC) is the Associate Editor. You can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The founders of Racialicious are Carmen Sognonvi and Jen Chau. They are no longer with the blog. Carmen now runs Urban Martial Arts with her husband and blogs about local business. Jen can still be found at Swirl or on her personal blog. Please do not send them emails here, they are no longer affiliated with this blog.
Comments on this blog are moderated. Please read our comment moderation policy.
Use the "for:racialicious" tag in del.icio.us to send us tips. See here for detailed instructions.
Interested in writing for us? Check out our submissions guidelines.
Follow Us on Twitter!
- nicthommi on The Rise Of Beyoncé, The Fall Of Lauryn Hill: A Tale Of Two Icons
- Dara Crawley on The Rise Of Beyoncé, The Fall Of Lauryn Hill: A Tale Of Two Icons
- Alex Wright on Scandal Recap 2.22: “White Hats Back On”
- happyappa on Quoted: Lucy Liu On Racial Image And Romantic Comedies
- ahimsa on Scandal Recap 2.22: “White Hats Back On”
- Friday Foolishness: Selena Gomez Is Wearing A Bindi?
- The Rise Of Beyoncé, The Fall Of Lauryn Hill: A Tale Of Two Icons
- Retrolicious–Mad Men 6.7: “Man With A Plan”
- Open Thread: The Great Gatsby
- Scandal Recap 2.22: “White Hats Back On”
- Quoted: Lucy Liu On Racial Image And Romantic Comedies
- The Perennial Plate Visits India And Sri Lanka On Its World Tour
- The Racialicious Links Roundup 5.16.13
TagsABC activism advertising african-american asian asian-american barack obama black blackface celebrities comedy culture diversity fashion feminism film gender glbt HBO hip hop hispanic history hollywood identity international interracial relationships latino media mixed race movies music muslim politics race racial stereotypes racism religion sex sexism sexual stereotypes stereotypes tv Uncategorized white youtube