Thanks Kimberly! “Now if only more students, whites specifically, would rise up to condemn racial indifference and insensitivity. There is strength in numbers. Slave auctions, ghetto parties and sexual stereotypes have done enough damage on campuses.”
“A mascot controversy is raging at New Hampshire’s Dartmouth College. It began when athletic director Josie Harper apologized for inviting the University of North Dakota’s “Fighting Sioux” for a hockey tournament…conservatives on and off campus cried fo
Thanks Rob! “I can’t watch your show anymore. Believe me, I’ve tried. But ever since Michael Richards was caught on videotape using a stand-up comedy stage as a race-bashing soapbox, I can’t help but associate his character, Kramer, with racism…”
Thanks Rob! “The Rev. Justinian B. Rweyemamu, who is from Tanzania, says he was unfairly passed over for a promotion at St. Bernard Church in Vernon because of his race. Rweyemamu said that after dining with friends he returned to the rectory to find the
Thanks Kimberly! “close to 50,000 legal Africans arrive annually in the United States…These immigrants are multilingual, highly educated and of middle to upper income. But, their relationship with blacks born in America is complex.”
Thanks Meg! “Once touted as the cure to racism, intolerance and assumptions about Anglo-Saxon cultural supremacy, multiculturalism is now cited as the cause of intolerance and racism…”
“The first — and best — segment is set in China and features Liu as Jin Ping, a blood collector who unknowingly transmits HIV to an entire village. It’s a story close to the actor’s heart; through her work as an ambassador for UNICEF, she has seen the e
“The actor’s résumé features a number of credits playing what some film critics have rather offensively referred to as the “noble savage”: his breakthrough performance as enslaved Cinque in Amistad; the warrior Juba in Gladiator…”
About This BlogRacialicious is a blog about the intersection of race and pop culture. Check out our daily updates on the latest celebrity gaffes, our no-holds-barred critique of questionable media representations, and of course, the inevitable
Keanu ReevesJohn Cho newsflashes.
Latoya Peterson (DC) is the Owner and Editor (not the Founder!) of Racialicious, Arturo García (San Diego) is the Managing Editor, Andrea Plaid (NYC) is the Associate Editor. You can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The founders of Racialicious are Carmen Sognonvi and Jen Chau. They are no longer with the blog. Carmen now runs Urban Martial Arts with her husband and blogs about local business. Jen can still be found at Swirl or on her personal blog. Please do not send them emails here, they are no longer affiliated with this blog.
Comments on this blog are moderated. Please read our comment moderation policy.
Use the "for:racialicious" tag in del.icio.us to send us tips. See here for detailed instructions.
Interested in writing for us? Check out our submissions guidelines.
Follow Us on Twitter!
- Shazza on The Racialicious Links Roundup 12.5.13: Black Twitter, Black Academics, Iran, Chicago and Elan Gale
- nicthommi on Comedian Aamer Rahman Explains “Reverse Racism”
- the_miekster on Race + The Netherlands: Resistance, Lost in Translation
- moniyer on Race + The Netherlands: Resistance, Lost in Translation
- Juan Miller on The Racialicious Links Roundup 12.5.13: Black Twitter, Black Academics, Iran, Chicago and Elan Gale
- The Racialicious Links Roundup 12.5.13: Black Twitter, Black Academics, Iran, Chicago and Elan Gale
- On Disability and Cartographies of Difference
- A Muslimah’s Guide to Rocking the World
- Quoted: Dr. David Leonard Pens Open Letter to Marissa Alexander
- The Acclaimed Web Series Black Folks Don’t Returns for a Third Season
- Comedian Aamer Rahman Explains “Reverse Racism”
- The Walking Dead Recap: 4.8 “Too Far Gone”
- The Walking Dead Roundtable 4.7 – “Dead Weight”
TagsABC activism advertising african-american asian asian-american barack obama black celebrities comedy diversity fashion feminism film gender glbt HBO hip hop hispanic history hollywood identity interracial relationships Kerry Washington latino media mixed race movies music muslim politics race racial stereotypes racism religion Scandal sex sexism sexual stereotypes stereotypes True Blood tv Uncategorized white youtube