by Carmen Van Kerckhove
About a week ago, Jay-Z did a special concert at the Albert Hall in London. When it came time to perform “Song Cry,” he teamed up with Gwyneth Paltrow, of all people. Behold the video of this totally bizarre duo. I guess now that Gwyneth is African, she has to show she’s got soul too.
English blog Hecklerspray has more background on the concert and delivers this verdict:
Forget that story yesterday about Screech from Saved By The Bell wiping his shitty fingers over a girl’s face; this is just about the most horrific thing we’ve ever heard all week.
I concur. Gwyneth’s shrieking is quite painful to listen to.
About This BlogRacialicious is a blog about the intersection of race and pop culture. Check out our daily updates on the latest celebrity gaffes, our no-holds-barred critique of questionable media representations, and of course, the inevitable
Keanu ReevesJohn Cho newsflashes.
Latoya Peterson (DC) is the Owner and Editor (not the Founder!) of Racialicious, Arturo García (San Diego) is the Managing Editor, Andrea Plaid (NYC) is the Associate Editor. You can email us at email@example.com.
The founders of Racialicious are Carmen Sognonvi and Jen Chau. They are no longer with the blog. Carmen now runs Urban Martial Arts with her husband and blogs about local business. Jen can still be found at Swirl or on her personal blog. Please do not send them emails here, they are no longer affiliated with this blog.
Comments on this blog are moderated. Please read our comment moderation policy.
Use the "for:racialicious" tag in del.icio.us to send us tips. See here for detailed instructions.
Interested in writing for us? Check out our submissions guidelines.
Follow Us on Twitter!
- racialicious on The Rise Of Beyoncé, The Fall Of Lauryn Hill: A Tale Of Two Icons
- Lo11 on The Rise Of Beyoncé, The Fall Of Lauryn Hill: A Tale Of Two Icons
- Kianna on Race + TV: Four Summer Shows From Across The Pond
- Sobia Ali-Faisal on A Few Thoughts On Star Trek: Into Darkness
- sharoncullars on Race + TV: Four Summer Shows From Across The Pond
- Race + TV: Four Summer Shows From Across The Pond
- A Few Thoughts On Star Trek: Into Darkness
- Quoted: On The Summer Prince, by Alaya Dawn Johnson
- Friday Foolishness: Selena Gomez Is Wearing A Bindi?
- The Rise Of Beyoncé, The Fall Of Lauryn Hill: A Tale Of Two Icons
- Retrolicious–Mad Men 6.7: “Man With A Plan”
- Open Thread: The Great Gatsby
- Scandal Recap 2.22: “White Hats Back On”
TagsABC activism advertising african-american asian asian-american barack obama black blackface celebrities comedy culture diversity fashion feminism film gender glbt HBO hip hop hispanic history hollywood identity international interracial relationships latino media mixed race movies music muslim politics race racial stereotypes racism religion sex sexism sexual stereotypes stereotypes tv Uncategorized white youtube